cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help getting started in JSM.

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

I thought I had a handle on Jira Service Management from some testing awhile ago. This new release in the Cloud version has me totally lost as to where to start. I can't create a single ticket since it doesn't recognize any names in our domain.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

Hello @Danno, not sure if you have a specific question here except for getting started. Atlassian has a quick start guide available here: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/product-guide/getting-started/quick-start-guide#introduction.

Hope this helps!

1 vote
Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2023

@Joseph Chung Yin and @Sam Nadarajan thank you both for replying so quickly. I have solved the problem with the same solution proposed by Sam.

It turns out I was trying to reuse a Svc. project created in my previous instance and it just wasn't going to play well. I ended up creating a new project and all is right with the world now.

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 3, 2023

@Danno -

Are you still able to access the your JSM env via the normal Project UI, can you create issue via the Create button?  Can you also provide more clarification when you stated - "can't create a single ticket since it doesn't recognize any names in our domain".

Looking forward in assisting you soon.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS