Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have issue to reply an answer about my post in this community.

ELI0067 March 19, 2022

This is the warning message that I receive:

There was invalid HTML in the message body that has been removed. If you're posting a link, add the hyperlink using the editor.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 19, 2022

This means what it says - you've put broken HTML into a post, ()possibly by copying and pasting from an inferior text editor or one not intended for handling HTML).  The community software removes it to prevent broken postings, and tells you that it has so that you  can see why your post doesn't include it

1 vote
Julia Romanenkova_Railsware_ July 22, 2022

Same problem, I don't have invalid HTML but I rather want to post a code snippet and it doesn't allow me to do so, so I have to upload code as a file and share a link to it. Any better workaround? Thank youScreen Shot 2022-07-22 at 10.41.47.png

Rodney Dsouza February 1, 2024

I had a similar post as yours i.e. it included a code snippet like your smart values calculations.

When I used the 'Formats' dropdown to highlight just my smart value code snippet, it then worked!

Example code snippet, formatted using 'code block'

{{#lookupObjects}}
* {{User}} , {{User.displayName}} , {{User.accountId}}
{{/}}

Like Robin Stemmers likes this
0 votes
Henri Seymour _Easy Agile_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 26, 2023

I've encountered this problem from time to time as well when replying. My comments are typically plain text, and I've started avoid using "@" to tag other conversation participants.

Re-attempting after further simplifying my reply (or even typing it directly into the Community reply box) doesn't help since I then get an error for "You may have recently posted the same thing". I wish I had recently posted the same thing! 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2023

You might not be giving it enough time to process - "You have recently posted the same thing" can apply to the current reply you are trying to make.  Sometimes when you hit "reply", it takes a few seconds to post it and it doesn't always refresh and show you the reply that you have made.  But it does have it and it's detecting an identical post (a huge red flag for spam)

When you get that message, it's best to grab a copy of what you've typed, leave it a minute and then refresh the browser window - most of the time, you'll find your replay appears.

Henri Seymour _Easy Agile_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 5, 2023

I've found my reply consistently wasn't submitted. I get the HTML error, then the reposting error, and my message never got through - even after loading the page again a while later. 

I even get this error with a plaintext message, no links except a plaintext (not linked) email address. 

"There was invalid HTML in the message body that has been removed. If you're posting a link, add the hyperlink using the editor." 

Nothing gets removed like the message suggests. There are no links. I try again. 

"You may have recently posted the same thing elsewhere on the community. Update your text, or wait before reposting.

Screenshot 2023-06-06 at 4.46.00 pm.pngScreenshot 2023-06-06 at 4.46.17 pm.png

(I attempted this on https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-check-how-many-user-using-Easy-agile-TeamRhythm-plugins/qaq-p/2379801 on 6/Jun/2023, and you can confirm this version of the reply doesn't appear on that page. I later added a reply with no email address and edited that to add the email at the end.) 

Is there anything I can do about this, or anyone I can contact? I'm customer support: I want to provide support contact details and links to docs -- in my first reply, not an edit! 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 20, 2023

It's the same answer.

Have you tried pasting your post's body into an editor that does not do HTML, or at least does not try to do any formatting of it and works with the raw text?  (I'm old-school, I use vi most of the time), and then copy and paste the plain text from there?

Like Steffen Opel _Utoolity_ likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events