Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have Two Projects name as Service Desk-Dev and Service Desk-Prod in Service Management

Sreenadh November 17, 2022

Hi,

I have Two Projects name as Service Desk-Dev and Service Desk-Prod in Service Management.

1. In Service Desk- Dev:

I have configured Custom fields, Screens, Screen Schemas, Notifications, Notification Schemas, Workflows etc.

I want the same configuration needs to be done in the Service Desk-Prod without effecting the Data or configurations in the Service Desk-Prod

is this possible in jira if yes ? how it is going to do in Jira ?

2. If today i modified in the Incident workflow in Service Desk-Dev Project then make sure i want to move the same configuration change to Service Desk-Prod Project.

If tomorrow if i modified in the Access Request workflow modifications in Service Desk-Dev Project then make sure i want to move the same configuration changes to Service Desk-Prod Project.

Not only workflow any configuration changes i want to move from one project to another with out effecting the Service Desk-Prod date/configurations.

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2022

@Sreenadh 

1. Copy all configuration (schemes etc) with new names. E.g. if on dev you have the prefix dev, then the ones for production place the prefix prod to distinguish them. You copy them manually.
  2. Again you do everything manually. There isn't a magic trick to move these automatically.

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

But my requirement is saying that Configurations move from one project to another it has move from one project to another.

Because it is daily process need to move the changes.

Thanks,

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 17, 2022

Still you have to move manually (implement) all changes to production as well. There isn't a trick to move automatically the configuration from one project to another. Only copy and implementation.

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

I can see the option which is there while create the Service Management project which is

Share settings with an existing project check box.

is there any possibility to copy the existing configurations from Service Desk Project to Demo Project. as mentioned in the below screenshot.

Thanks,1.PNG

Community Leader
Community Leader
November 18, 2022

No there isnt a way.

Sharing = use the exact same config files (same schemes etc).

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events