Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 2 Instances in Jira i want to migrate/move issues from one instance to another instance

Sreenadh February 22, 2023

Hi,

I have 2 Instances in Jira i want to migrate/move issues from one instance to another instance.

Please help me out how to do the same with effecting any kind of configurations in both the instances.

Instance A : Has 50 issues and i want to move those issues to Instance B

Instance B

Thanks,

4 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Brandon Raymaekers February 22, 2023

Hi Screenadh

Are they both cloud instances? If so you can use the JCMA. 

https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/perform-a-cloud-to-cloud-migration-for-jira/

Kind regard

Brandon

Hi @Brandon Raymaekers 

Thanks for the response

I have already checked the article which is shared by you but my question is only i wan to move the Issues from one instance to another.

Kindly help me out the process for the same.

Thanks,

Brandon Raymaekers February 22, 2023

Hi @Sreenadh 

How many issues are we talking about? Have you tried going to issues and filters option and filter the issues that you have to move and then export it in the desired format as you want like a csv or excel. Then you can go to your other instance an go to import option and import the exported file so that all issues in the particular site moves to the other desired instance. If it's a one time proces. 

If you want to keep moving issues I would check: external apps like https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213645/exalate-jira-issue-sync-more?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Brandon

Hi @Brandon Raymaekers 

Please provide me the step by step process to move the tickets from one Instance to another by using Export and Import options

Please provide me the Navigation steps for the same.

Thanks,

Brandon Raymaekers February 23, 2023

Hi @Sreenadh 

The first steps is to go to your first instance and perform a search based on a JQL so you will find your needed issues. Then you will need to export them by selecting the button on your screen (you can export them as csv, excel, etc). I would choose CSV.

To import you can follow this step-by-step guide made by Atlassian: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/importing-data-from-csv-938847533.html#ImportingdatafromCSV-how

Kind regards

Brandon

4 votes
Syed Majid Hassan -Exalate-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2023

hi @Sreenadh

I believe there is no automated way of doing that within Jira. You can go the import/export route I believe, as long as it is a one off task. But if this is a regular occurrence  or if you want to keep the issues in sync, I would urge you to explore integration apps such as Exalate

The advantage of the going with an app is the endless customization options you get and the fact that the solutions are out of the box. 

I work for iDalko - the team behind Exalate. Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions. 

Thanks

Majid

1 vote
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 23, 2023

@Sreenadh hello! If you're open to exploring an alternative way of doing the migration - feel free to check out ZigiOps. It's a fully no-code solution that will connect the two Jira instances, sync their data and allow you to migrate just the issues you want. There are no limitations to their number and it all will happen quite fast, and securely (ZigiOps does not store any data). 

Regards, Diana (ZigiOps)

0 votes
Umer Sohail _K15t_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 28, 2023

Hi @Sreenadhthanks for the question.

This is Umer, PMM for Backbone Issue Sync for Jira. From what I gathered, you want to migrate issues from one Jira instance to another. 
For this use case, Backbone Issue Sync for Jira would be a perfect solution!  

You can use Backbone to connect your two Jira instances (both uni-directionally or bi-directionally) and automatically copy and move all issues across both instances without impacting your workflows and configurations.

In addition, you will find a link to the migrated Jira issue from instance A to instance B, making it easier to navigate between the two instances.

We recently held a webinar on the phased migration strategy and how you can use Backbone to keep your Jira instances in sync. It might be useful for you to check that out and get some more tips for the process.

Feel free to visit our landing page for more info on the Jira issue sync capabilities of Backbone. Or simply schedule a demo with us so we can show you around the app and answer your questions.

Happy Migrating!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events