Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't get email notifications

Irina Svirkina January 18, 2021

I don't receive notification emails for issues I'm watching at https://bigbrassband.atlassian.net/. I have checked my settings configuration in the Cloud Jira. I have checked my spam folder as well in my Inbox (I use Gmail).

My admin has checked with a notification helper for that issue + issue commented event that I must have received an email notifications, but I didn't.

My admin added a new user with another my email. It receives email notifications successfully. We dropped all permissions for  my account and invited it back to https://bigbrassband.atlassian.net/. Nothing helped.

I've check that my gmail account doesn't have any filters and blocked emails setup.

What's wrong with my account email? I'm out of ideas. Could you please help.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 19, 2021

Hello @Irina Svirkina ,

I can see that your email address was added to the bounce list on our side because we got below error message in return when trying to deliver emails to it:

550: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuch... - gsmtp

I am now removing the block from our side, it is taking some time but the process should be completed soon. However, please notice that if the original problem is not solved your email address will be added to the bounce list again.

Please test this again in a bit (let's say 15/20 minutes) and let me know if the issue is solved. 

Cheers,
Dario

Irina Svirkina January 20, 2021

Thank you, now everything works well.

Like Dario B likes this
Dario B
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 20, 2021

You are very welcome @Irina Svirkina . Enjoy your day!  :) 

Kiryl Martsinovich February 14, 2023

@Dario B
I have the same problem. I am not getting any emails related to Atlassian at all. Please help me solve the problem. Thank you in advance. 

Ilya Shakutsin February 14, 2023

Dario B

Hi. 

I'm site admin how I can resolve that kind of issues with our users by myself or via Atlassian support.

Thank you.

Ilya Shakutsin February 15, 2023

@Andy Heinzer 

Please help with:

I have the same problem. I am not getting any emails related to Atlassian at all. Please help me solve the problem. Thank you in advance. 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
February 15, 2023

@Ilya Shakutsin I have removed the suppression for that account.  I found there was an original bounce message of

550-5.2.1 The email account that you tried to reach is disabled. Learn more at 550 5.2.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=DisabledUser s24-20020a639258000000b004c62c4e2431si1899546pgn.869 - gsmtp

with a timestamp of 2023-01-24T11:33:50.000Z.

In the future, you can create a support case as the site-admin of a paid site by going to https://support.atlassian.com/contact

For end users or free plan admins, posting here to community is another way our team can help, but we don't always have the same visibility or service level agreements here in Community.

Like Ilya Shakutsin likes this
Ilya Shakutsin March 15, 2023

Thanks.

Zeeshan Ahmed Khan August 14, 2023

I am facing the same problem @Andy Heinzer. Can you look into that please ? 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
August 15, 2023

@Zeeshan Ahmed Khan I'm not seeing any suppressions for this account currently.  I see that you have a support ticket for this.  I would recommend responding in that ticket as that team can investigate this further.

0 votes
Bryan July 11, 2022

Hi there,
We're running into the same issue of users not receiving notifications from jira as well.

Could I receive some assistance?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
July 11, 2022

Hi.

I found one user on your email domain that received an email bounce last month.  The message was

550: 550 [internal] [oob] The recipient is invalid. 2022-06-16T17:47:50+00:00

I have removed this from our suppression list.  You can try to send notifications/invites to that user again now.  It should work now.

Andy

Bryan July 25, 2022

@Andy Heinzer 
Hi Andy, thank you for unblocking the user.
Upon further investigation, it looks like she had accidentally blocked Jira and therefore, Jira was getting the bounce back messages which led to her being on the suppression list.

Could you check once more to see if they are once more on the suppression list?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
July 25, 2022

I can't remember which account it was last time, but this time I found only a single account on your email domain with a recent bounce. 

Again the error was:

550: 550 [internal] [oob] The recipient is invalid. 2022-07-19T12:51:31+00:00

I have removed this suppression from our side.

Bryan July 26, 2022

I really appreciate your assistance @Andy Heinzer 

Like Andy Heinzer likes this
0 votes
Karolina Staśkiewicz May 30, 2022

Hello, I have the same problems as Irina and Klaudia. Could you help me solving it? 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
May 31, 2022

Hi @Karolina Staśkiewicz I have removed your email address from our mail suppression list.

Like Karolina Staśkiewicz likes this
Karolina Staśkiewicz October 23, 2023

Hi Andy, after your removed my email address from suppression list everything worked until now. Can you take a look at it again? 

Thank you in advance 

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
October 23, 2023

@Karolina Staśkiewicz I found there was a bounce message of:

2023-10-06 02:24:11.730 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 550 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser b1-20020a056a000cc100b0068c7033a5f5si957056pfv.74 - gsmtp

I have cleared the suppression from our side for your account and all others that share your domain.

Andy

Like Karolina Staśkiewicz likes this
Karolina Staśkiewicz January 9, 2024

Hi Andy, I've came back with same issue, I get no email notification since January 4th. Could you take a look at it?

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
January 9, 2024

Hi @Karolina Staśkiewicz 

I found this bounce message in the SMTP logs:

2024-01-04 02:02:57.748 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try 550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or 550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. For more information, go to 550 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser m17-20020a170902db1100b001d4cbf7880esi3378593plx.477 - gsmtp

I have cleared the suppression from our side for your domain.  You might want to bring this date/time stamp for your account to your mail provider.  As I don't believe that the mail provider should be throwing this kind of response unless your account was suspended.

0 votes
Klaudia Kubiak May 4, 2022

Hi,
I have the same problem as Irina, where can I go for help?

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
May 10, 2022

Hello @Klaudia Kubiak

We've properly cleared the bounced email for your address, so now you should be able to receive emails. Can you try again?

Also, please ensure you've whitelisted the required email addresses from Atlassian in the documentation below:

IP addresses and domains for Atlassian cloud products

Let us know if you face any problems.

Klaudia Kubiak May 11, 2022

Hi,
everything is fine now. Thank you sooo much! <3

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders