Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I created an automation rule in Jira Service Management to send email notifications when someone rai

Rajat Samseriya June 6, 2024

I have created an automation rule in Jira Service Management to send an email notification whenever someone raises an issue. While I am receiving the notification emails, they are showing "Jira Automation" as the sender. I would like to change the sender email address to my custom support email ID. Could you please let me know if there is a way to change the sender email address from "Jira Automation" to my custom email ID?

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 7, 2024

Hi Rajat,

At the bottom of the Send email action, click on More options. You will be able to put in additional information. The email that is sent will show that it came from the Name you have provide although it will have automation@yourdomain.atlassian.net beside the name. If they hit reply, it will come to the email address you provide. That's as close as you will get. 

Screenshot 2024-06-07 163036.png

0 votes
Stevan Mandić
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2024

@Rajat Samseriya  Unfortunately, in Jira Automation emails you can't change FROM: address

The sender email address will always be automation@yourintance.atlassian.,net

The only thing you can do is to change your sender's name (FROM NAME) in your email Action.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events