Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot add more people to the project

Kevin Hañari January 8, 2023

I cannot add more people to the project despite having an administrator role. What could I do? Thanks

Screenshot_1.png

2 answers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2023

Hi @Kevin Hañari 

This isn't a drop-down box, it's a search box - so you do need to enter a user's details into the box to locate them.

What happens when you try to search for a user and add them? Is there an error at all?

Ste

Hi @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

Whenever I try to enter a new user or search for an already registered user, I get the same message:

"You can only add people to people who have already joined this site. Site administrators can change this setting in their site administration settings."

But I can change the role of already registered users.

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2023

Hi @Kevin Hañari 

A few questions!

What type of Jira Project is this?

Do the users have internal access to your instance (i.e use a user licence)? Or are they customers accessing Jira through your Jira Service Management portal?

Is this happening with every Project - or just this one?

Ste

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2023

@Kevin Hañari -

Hi Kevin:

Welcome to the community.  Have to check the Global configuration for JSM Customer access setup - "Allow portal-only accounts to be created for new customers accessing the help center" is checked or not?

It seems it is not enabled based on the error message.  Are you trying to add a customer to the project or agent?

Please advise.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hi Joseph:

I am trying to add people to the project.

I have the administrator role. In which section do you change that setting?

Can I change that setting as administrator or do I have to be sys admin?

Thanks for the help¡

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2023

@Kevin Hañari -

For Global configuration changes, you have to be the Site (system) Admins.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events