Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't see any comments anymore

Steven Van Ingelgem May 11, 2021

Hi,

When loading a ticket (I'm an admin user with full access -- checked via the "Permission helper"), I don't see any comments anymore.

I can see the tickets description, but I don't see the comments below. I have an "add comment" button that doesn't do anything (I can click it, but nothing happens).

When I see the tickets history, I can see all changes, except for comments. If I modified the description, I can see it, but comments entered by either me or the counterparty... Nope.

So based on that, I feel it looks like I don't have rights to see comments.

But than the permission helper tells me I should have rights to see it.

What could be the problem here?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Sam Nazha
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 8, 2021

Hi Steven,

Thanks so much for your question.

This may not necessarily be a permission-related problem; we have a few things we’d like to clarify.

1. Could you please provide logs around the time when you try to add comments and view comments?

2. Are you able to provide a screenshot of the permissions that your user has?

3. Are you a Project Admin or Jira Admin?

4. Have you ever been able to view comments on tickets in this project? Does it happen on specific issues, all issues in a project, or all issues in the system?

Thank you,

Sam
Jira Service Management

ps. if this answer is correct, please select the ‘accept answer’ button

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events