Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am trying to set a Knowledge base and its not working

Stephen V
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 18, 2020

I am trying to link a Confluence space to my Service Knowledge base. When I select Kownledge Base from the sidebar in Jira I see a Try it free button. We already have a Confluence trial running with spaces in it. When I click on Try it free it just brings me to Confluence's home page. Its not setting any spaces and I am unsure how to set a space to Jira from Confluence, is that possible?

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Have a look at this documentation and see if it helps. - set-up-a-knowledge-base-so-customers-can-serve-themselves 

0 votes
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2020

Hi @Stephen V ,

Are Jira and Confluence on the same site. It seems that Jira does not "know" Confluence and can not create the space because of this.

Stephen V
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 18, 2020

Yeah, they are in the same site.

Like Dave Liao likes this
Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 18, 2020

Hmm, ok. 

Can you please check if rhe application link to confluence is set correctly. 

Go to the Cog menu - Apps - And then Application Links on the menu on the left.

There should Confluence be listed.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events