Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not able to see the jira out of box "Resolved" field in the custom fields/Field configurations

Sreenadh March 27, 2023

Hi,

I am not able to see the jira out of box "Resolved" field in the custom fields/Field configurations as well.

please help me out is there any specific reason for the same.

Please find the attached screenshots for your reference.

1.PNG2.PNG

3.PNG4.PNG

Thanks,

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Sreenadh 

Resolution is not a custom field. It's a systemic field. If you want to see it for a specific reason, then you have to go from the field configuration of each issue type:

resolution field.png

"Resolved", is a date field which is automatically populated when a resolution is set on an issue. If your "resolved" field is empty, then kindly check if you set a resolution when you close your issues.

Sreenadh March 28, 2023

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thanks for the response.

Please find the attached screenshots and i want to implement the way which if i will close the ticket then Resolved field should be filled with the Resolved date which is closed Date.

5.PNG

Incident custom Screen is my Incident screen6.PNG

Sreenadh March 28, 2023

PFA7.PNG

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

@Sreenadh you should add:

• Either a post function when your issues transition to "Close", with which you will add a resolution OR
  • Add a transition screen to your "Close" transition, to which your agents will add their desirable resolution

The above will make sure that from now on all issues will have a resolution.

Now, for the issues that are currently in the done/close status you have to set the resolution in the following way, but keep in mind that you can't set a past date on the resolved field:

• Add a self transition to your workflow
  • On that transition add a post function with which you will set a resolution (e.g. done)
  • Publish the above workflow
  • Search for all issues which you want to set the resolution
  • Bulk change > Transition all issues
  • Choose the self transition which you created

The above method will set the "resolved" to now(), meaning the date and time which you will transition them. As I said earlier, you can't set a past resolved date.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events