Howto change the top banner for our service portal..?

Raymond Pijpers June 22, 2021

Ls,

I have read several times it should be possible to change the banner at the top of our sercie portal, created in Service Management Cloud.

However, I cannot find the exact steps (clicks) to where I should set / upload the wanted banner, can anyone tell me please?

With kind regards,
Raymond

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

If you are a Jira admin when you access the portal there will be a “customize” button on the right side. If you do not see the button you don’t have the necessary admin permissions.

Hi jack,

Thanks for that! I actually doe have a button, but it only shows announcements and request types (see, below, in Dutch ;-)). Does that mean I do not have sufficient rights?

Raymond

sp.PNG

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2021

I suspect that is the case. If you have Jira admin permissions you can access the Admin website via the cog in upper right corner of the app next to you avatar.

ultimately you should see a customize screen like this and the banner option appears under the circled option.

99471A7A-6C13-4D21-937A-1B50322F53CE.jpeg

Jack,

You are my hero of the day :-)
I will ask my colleague to extend my rights, thanks a million!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2021

Glad to help Raymond. One final thing to note that you may or may not be aware of, is that the banner is for the entire help center not a specific portal. So changing it will change it for all projects. Your admin may not wish to do this for obvious reasons.

Like Raymond Pijpers likes this

...thanks for the heads-up !

0 votes
Peter Grainger March 10, 2022

Hi @Jack Brickey , Would you know if Atlassian would be able to make changes to allow indivdual logo's and banners on each portal? Thanks, Peter

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 10, 2022

Unfortunately that is not possible. I was looking for that too earlier and tried the Refined themes solution but it didn't meet my expectations. You may wish to consider though if this is a must-have requirement.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events