Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How would I set up an automation rule to only send an email when a priority score is greater than 50

trthomas April 25, 2022

We use priority scores to help push work through our stream.  Right now I've got it set to send an email when the issue is updated, setting the priority score to greater than 50.  However, it is sending an email every time the issue is updated once the score is set.  So if the score was set yesterday and I update the issue today, it will send another email today.  I just want the email once, when the score initially reaches a value greater than 50.  

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2022

Hi @trthomas - You want to change the trigger to Field Value Changed - Priority Score.  Then it only executes the rule when that field is updated

trthomas April 25, 2022

Would it send the email no matter the value though?  Or would the Lookup Issue action make sure it only sent the rule on a value of greater than 50?

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 25, 2022

Lookup issue action?  Can you share a screen shot of your rule?  This would help in making sure we're on the same page.

trthomas April 25, 2022

automation.png

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 25, 2022

Thank you - I'm trying to better understand the rule.  It looks like every time you're updating an issue, you're querying for all issues where priority score > 50.  Based upon your initial description, my understanding is that you only want to send an email specific to the issue that was just updated.  If this is the case, you would want to make a couple changes:

1. TRIGGER - Change to Field Value Changed against "priority score"
  2. REMOVE Lookup Issues Action
  3. ADD ISSUE FIELDS CONDITION - Priority Score Greater Than 50

That will make it so that the email is only sent when the Priority Score has been updated and it is greater than 50. 

trthomas April 25, 2022

Thanks!  I really appreciate your help.  

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events