Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

How would I set up an automation rule to only send an email when a priority score is greater than 50

We use priority scores to help push work through our stream.  Right now I've got it set to send an email when the issue is updated, setting the priority score to greater than 50.  However, it is sending an email every time the issue is updated once the score is set.  So if the score was set yesterday and I update the issue today, it will send another email today.  I just want the email once, when the score initially reaches a value greater than 50.  

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall Community Leader Apr 25, 2022

Hi @trthomas - You want to change the trigger to Field Value Changed - Priority Score.  Then it only executes the rule when that field is updated

Would it send the email no matter the value though?  Or would the Lookup Issue action make sure it only sent the rule on a value of greater than 50?

Lookup issue action?  Can you share a screen shot of your rule?  This would help in making sure we're on the same page.

Thank you - I'm trying to better understand the rule.  It looks like every time you're updating an issue, you're querying for all issues where priority score > 50.  Based upon your initial description, my understanding is that you only want to send an email specific to the issue that was just updated.  If this is the case, you would want to make a couple changes:

1. TRIGGER - Change to Field Value Changed against "priority score"
  2. REMOVE Lookup Issues Action
  3. ADD ISSUE FIELDS CONDITION - Priority Score Greater Than 50

That will make it so that the email is only sent when the Priority Score has been updated and it is greater than 50. 

Thanks!  I really appreciate your help.  

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Service Management

Jira Service Management Documentation Opportunities

Hello everyone, Hope everyone is safe! A few months ago we posted an article sharing all the new articles and documentation that we, the AMER Jira Service Management team created. As mentioned ...

219 views 0 6
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you