How to visualize the bottleneck status

Takafumi Sugiyama April 2, 2023

I have a question about SLA. Is it possible to analyze the time spent working in each status?
Specifically, I would like to do the following: Could you please let me know if you know how to do the 3rd step?
1. Set SLAs for each status
2. Record the time spent in each status with a timer
3. Aggregate, list, and graph work hours for each status

Through this analysis, we would like to visualize the bottleneck status.

5 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 3, 2023

Hello @Takafumi Sugiyama 

As an alternative, I can suggest you to try our add-on 
time-in-status-for-jira-cloud .

You can add a column that will show you time spend to complete the task. And also you will be able to generates 7 types of reports. So you can monitor the work duration in each status easily. 

GIF TIS.gif

Also, you can export a report as XLSX or CSV files for further analysis.

Hope my answer will be helpful for you

Best regards, Valeriia

Takafumi Sugiyama April 3, 2023

Thanks for your feedback, Valeriia. I will try it.
(If my English is in a rude manner, I apologize it.)

Valeriia_Havrylenko_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 3, 2023

@Takafumi Sugiyama You are welcome! 
By the way, your english is great! 

Like Takafumi Sugiyama likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
April 3, 2023

Hi @Takafumi Sugiyama 

We have built an app specifically for this use case. If you would be interested in the same, you can try it out :

Time in Status Reports 

The add-on provides the time in each status for the entire lifecycle of the issue, based on the date range, assignees and multiple other filters, and various graphs too.

Also you can group your statuses to create your own resolution time.

Disclaimer : I work for RVS, the vendor for this app

TIS.PNG

Thanks for your feedback. I will try the addon.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2023

Hi @Takafumi Sugiyama 

1. For creating SLAs please read the official documentation https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/create-service-level-agreements-slas/
  2. In order to capture the time spent for each status you can either get a 3rd party app like "Time in Status" (os a similar app) or you can create an automation rule(s) to capture this information. Please search thoroughly the marketplace to find the app which suits your needs 
  3. For the last question, I would search the marketplace for an app, especially since you need to have graphs. 

Bottlenecks in Jira can be found using the Cumulative flow diagram: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/view-and-understand-the-cumulative-flow-diagram/

Thanks for your feedback, Alex. I will try it.

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2023

@Takafumi Sugiyama your English is fine!!

Like Takafumi Sugiyama likes this
0 votes
Emre Toptancı [OBSS]
Marketplace Partner
April 5, 2023

Hello @Takafumi Sugiyama

If you are OK with using a marketplace app for this, our team at OBSS built Time in Status for this exact need. It is available for Jira Server, Cloud, and Data Center.  

Time in Status mainly allows you to see how much time each issue spent on each status or each assignee

tisCloud_StatusDuration_LeadTime_with Estimates.png    tisCloud_AssigneeDuration.png

For all numeric report types, you can calculate averages and sums of those durations grouped by the issue fields you select. For example total in-progress time per customer (organization) or average resolution time per sprint, week, month, issuetype, request type, etc. The ability to group by parts of dates (year, month, week, day, hour) or sprints is particularly useful here since it allows you to compare different time periods or see the trend. 

tisCloud_StatusDuration_LeadTime_Average_TimeGrouped.png

All report types can be visualized using several chart types:

tisCloud_StatusDuration_LeadTime_Chart.png

The app calculates its reports using already existing Jira issue histories so when you install the app, you don't need to add anything to your issue workflows and you can get reports on your past issues as well. It supports both Company Managed and Team Managed projects for Jira Cloud.

Time in Status reports can be accessed through its own reporting page, dashboard gadgets, and issue view screen tabs. All these options can provide both calculated data tables and charts.

Gadget_AverageStatusDurationByComponent.png  

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211756/

EmreT

0 votes
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
April 4, 2023

Hi @Takafumi Sugiyama

As an alternative, you can try Status Time Reports app developed by our team. It mainly provides reports and gadgets based on how much time passed in each status.

Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app.

• This app has a dynamic status grouping feature so that you can generate various valuable reports as time in status, time in assignee, status entry dates and status counts, cycle time and lead time, average/sum reports by any field(e.g. average in progress time by project, average cycle time by issue creation month).
  • You can search issues by Project, Issue Type, Status, Assignee, Issue Creation/Resolution Date(and any other Date field) and JQL Query.
  • Status durations are calculated according to the working calendar you define. Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days.
  • You can set different duration formats.
  • You can export reports in CSV file format and open them in MS Excel.
  • You can also add this app as a gadget to your Jira dashboards and reach “Status Time” from Issue Detail page.
  • You can enable/disable access to Status Time reports&gadgets and Issue Detail page per project, users, groups or project role.

If you are looking for a free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Free.

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events