cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to view email contents in Jira tickets

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2022

Hi all, 

I hope this makes sense, but I'm trying to understand if it's possible for an email to be read within a Jira ticket instead of having to download it as an attachment and viewing it from a browser or Outlook application. 

Many thanks, 

Mihir

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Britta Neugebauer _yasoon_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 21, 2022

Hi there @Mihir Ruparelia ,

in case you haven't found a solution within your browser app configuration for opening files; you can also work with an Outlook integration. This might be the feature you are looking for:

Emails: See & send emails from within Jira (yasoon.com)

I work for yasoon and the app I am referring to is free for up to 10 users. Feel free to check it out: Microsoft 365 for Jira - Outlook Email, Teams, Calendar | Atlassian Marketplace

All the best from Mannheim, Germany

Britta

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2022

@Britta Neugebauer _yasoon_ thank you for this I will take a look :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2022

@Mihir Ruparelia -

Are the emails you referring already added to the issue as attachments?  If so, then you will have to download it.

Please advise if it is not.

Best, Joseph

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin thank you for the response, I had a query about this from someone who uses a Jira board within the business. 

Trying to open rather than download, Chrome throws an error saying "the link is broken, you need to download" and they are worried end users will stop the process at that point thinking there is an issue. 

Might have to look at the default app opening this type of attachment.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2022

@Mihir Ruparelia -

Yes, this is correct.  It depends on how browser app configuration on opening files.

Best, Joseph

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 20, 2022

@Joseph Chung Yin amazing thanks for clarifying :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events