Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to track the To Address from Auto-forwarded emails in O365 to the JIRA Project Email ID

Krishna Prasad October 31, 2021

Hi Community,

I am currently evaluating JIRA SM for potentially migrating from Servicenow. There is a Business requirement that our Users/ Clients send support requests to Shared Mailbox in our O365 platform and that get's auto-forwarded to JIRA SM Project email. I have completed the auto forward to test and tickets are getting cut in JIRA SM through the inbound mail handler. The issue is, we have a few such shared mailboxes based in geographic regions and we want that emails auto-forwarded from a specific Shared mailbox assigned to a specific group in JIRA. If I get the To Address from the actual email into the watches or request participants or as a email header in Description, I can write an automation rule for a smart variable etc. to do the job. I tried the JSON viewer for the Ticket and it is not giving me the To Address from the auto-forwarded email anywhere.

May I please ask your advise on what solution I can adopt considering I'm pretty new to this wonderful ITSM tool.

For full disclosure, it automatically adds the shared mailbox into Request participants in case the "From" User is part of JIRA, but I am not able to pull that out in automation script even after using the custom field ID from JSON.

Regards,

Krishna

1 answer

0 votes
Anna Zoucha July 20, 2023

Having the same issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events