Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to synchronize MS Entra groups and users to Jira Service Management?

Michał Radzimirski April 11, 2024

Hello everyone,

I am a new user, I am using the free plan because there will be a maximum of two people as agents/admins. I created the JIRA Service Management project as a reporting portal in my company.
I would like to introduce adding groups\users from Microsoft Entra instead of manually adding them from Jira.
I created 2 groups in MS Entra; one is Jira administrators (2 users), the other is Jira customers (approx. 130 users\customers).

Please advise me what to do next, what application to register in MS Entra and how to configure it to download groups and users from MS Entra and assign them appropriately to roles in Jira Service Management, all the time benefiting at no cost.

Thank you for all your advice and help.
Regards

1 answer

1 vote
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2024

Hi @Michał Radzimirski and welcome to the Community,

to synch Entra (and other IDPs) you need an Access subscription: Atlassian Access: Enhanced Cloud Data Security & Governance

There are good guides on how to setup connections once you got the license.

Michał Radzimirski April 11, 2024

@Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ Thank you for the tip.
But I'm not sure if this solution is completely free (and this is mainly the most important thing)

As I see it, the the Atlassian Access license is paid $4 per user up to 250 user :(

Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2024

Correct. The Access subscription costs extra. There is a pricing calculator on the website I linked.

In Cloud, there are no other options if you want to connect an external IDP.

Michał Radzimirski April 12, 2024

Thanks a lot :)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events