Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to store produts and packages under the Jira service management(customer service) project?

Pokala Venkatesh April 26, 2023

Hi Team, 

We are looking for adding the various product list and the details of each product in the Jira service management project. 

And also we need to add the product package list to the project.

Please help me if we any possibility to complete this request?

Regards

Venkatesh.

1 answer

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2023

Hi @Pokala Venkatesh , are you trying to present to your customers the list of products you support such that they can convey which product they need help with? If so then you could create a select list custom field with your products listed and present the field to the customer. You could also use the Forms feature here. Or is you question about something different?

sanaz_afshar_netgear_com April 26, 2023

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your response, we are trying to migrate from a legacy platform of customer support service to a new platform and need to do a POC with Jira service management for this migration.

in the legacy system:They have :

1- Company ( list of customers such as Comcast, AT&T, etc. more than 500 companies)

2- Customers ( list of users per company )

3- Product ( our company products) that are associated with each company record

4- Packages link ( installer pkgs, patches, etc. ) that they can pass to customers as per the products they have purchased

5- Support ( ticketing that each customer can submit their support ticket as per the issue they are facing) 

7- knowledge base or documentation that they can share with customers 

All above are in one single platform the legacy one.

We are trying to replicate all above in Jira Service Management as POC so upon the success we can migrate to JSM .

in JSM I can’t find a way to add our products along with their details ( such as Version (alfa, beta, …) , status : active or EOL) , so we are reaching out here to brainstorm with Atlassian community team to find a way of listing the products in JSM or any alternative such as plugin that can deliver the requirements as listed above.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2023

Thanks for the details, it helps. With that said, it would be difficult for me to explain exactly how I would implement A replacement to your current application in GSM without really understanding the details of your requirements. One thing I would certainly advise is not to simply be obligated to mirror your current system exactly since it may not be where you want to be in the future. With all of that said, here is some feedback based on your input. Ultimately, you may want to reach out to a partner in your local area and work with them on a final solution if that is warranted.

1. In JSM Organizations equate to companies
  2. In JSM Customers are free unlicensed users that can be associated with Organizations for the purpose of controlling what issues they can cannot see
  3. Products - I believe that what you would want to do for products is to create a custom field that allows you to present a drop-down for the customer to select from. It might be that creating a cascading list would be best in your case. A cascading list allows you to present two levels of information. For example, in your case, you might have products as the first level and if the customer selects product ID, then the options in the second, Field, would present the version information such as beta, 1.0, 2.0, Etc.. however, there are other ways to achieve that as well.
  4. Packages link - it seems that you want to provide the customer with a URL where they can locate the desired software. Or this you can create a custom field and have your agents place the appropriate URL in that field and notify the customer via the issue update, e.g. transitioning the issue to Done,
  5. Support - all of what I have mentioned that's far is associated with GSM, which is a customer ticketing system to support your customers request for assistance. The customer can open an issue through various channels: portal, email, webpage widget.
  6. Knowledgebase - this is provided by linking Confluence spaces with your JSM project.

The way you add your products and versions would be by adding your custom fields and establishing the context for those fields. I would refer you to this article regarding creating custom fields. configure-a-custom-field 

sanaz_afshar_netgear_com April 27, 2023

Hi Jack,

For Product more like a menu that should be available for the Support Agents (our company ppl) who create an account for customers then they need to associate the product(s) to their record => (Create Organization > Create user > associate product to customer record) 

let's say on the Atlassian website in the Employee's view, (Atlassian ppl) are able to see the list of products, the customer accounts, and the customer's records such as products, support cases, support pkg ( premium, regular ) etc. what Atlassian uses.

same concept we are trying to replicate using JSM.

The custom field "Product" will not meet the requirement as the support agent and managers should be able to add new products and update the existing product details, it should be more like a menu than a field.

There should be a plugin or any alternative available to deliver this requirement.

<<The first step in supporting customers with their issues/requests is knowing what product they are using.>>

Attach is the support agent view of the legacy system that we have.

Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 11.23.35 AM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events