Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop user from closing the ticket in the customer portal.

Joseph Dennis July 27, 2022

How to stop user from closing the ticket in the customer portal.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2022

@Joseph Dennis -

You will need to access the WF (one that supporting your issue type used by your Request Type) and ensure the Close Issue transition is not checked for "Show transition in the customer portal".

2022-07-27_17-12-23.png

To access the WF (assuming you have admin rights) -

1) Project settings >> Workflows

2) In the WFs UI listing, click on the appropriate WF pencil symbol to edit the WF.

3) Located the appropriate transition(s) and uncheck the option as displayed above.

4) Don't forget to publish the change after the updates.

Lastly, by default - Resolve Issue and Cancel Issue are enabled where those transitions are shown in the customer portal out of the box.  You will need to do the same steps above if you don't want to give customer the ability to Resolve or Cancel the Issue option too.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Joseph Dennis July 27, 2022

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the response.

I checked the transitions are shown in the customer portal and it is unchecked.

I have added 2 screenshots, one is from customer portal for that status to be removed.JIRA.pngJIRA1.png

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 27, 2022

@Joseph Dennis -

In your JSM project, you may have multiple Request Types which are based on different issue types (each issue type can have its own WF).  You will need to find which issue type that your problem Request Type (issue created using that specific request type showing the close issue transition in the customer portal).  After you identified the issue type in question, then you need to find the specific WF associated with that issue type.  Take a look at that specific WF to see if you can find the cause.

Hope this makes sense.

Best, Joseph

Joseph Dennis August 11, 2022

Thanks for the help @Joseph Chung Yin .

Your suggestion helped and was able to resolve my issue.

1 vote
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2022

Hello @Joseph Dennis I'm with @Joseph Chung Yin here, for the JSM issue that has those transitions exposed, what is the workflow behind the issue type of that particular JSM issue? It's possible that there are multiple workflows in your project and the one(s) you checked may not have the "Show Transition in the customer portal" checked but the other ones do.

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 27, 2022

I assume that you have the transition to closed/done exposed on the portal in the workflow. You can edit the workflow and remove the checkmark assuming you have admin permissions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events