Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop email notifications for a specific service desk team member

Curtis Ahmed July 9, 2021

Is it possible to stop email notifications going to a specific service desk team member(s) unless they are assigned to the issue?

2 answers

1 vote
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 9, 2021

What I recommend is to set up notifications to go to the “team“ and then instruct your team members to set their personal settings to only receive notifications for the issues they are assigned to or interested in. This is found under the users avatar and personal settings.

Curtis Ahmed July 12, 2021

Thanks, for your help, Jack.

Will this solve my problem, which is:

I have a Service Desk Teams group. Everyone in this group can be assigned to any service desk issue. However, when an issue is created, by a customer, we all get individual emails informing us of the issue. Certain Service Desk Team members do not need this type of email sent to them, and I want to be able to stop these emails.

This solution does not appear to stop these types of email notifications, or am I missing something.

0 votes
Jonas Ekström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2021

You can alter the notification schemes of the project, https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-notification-schemes/

The Default Notification Scheme sends updates to All Watchers, Current Assignee and Reporter.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events