Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show request type field on slack jira create

Deleted user December 12, 2021

Hello, I need help on showing the request type. It may have already been answered in the community but I may have trouble in actually finding what I need.

Basically I want to show some fields when I type /jira create on my slack channel.

I am able to do this, but I could not seem to show the field "request type."

For example:

1. Issue type: Incident

Request types:

a. Escalation

b. Outage

2. Issue type: SR

Request types:

a. Server Request

b. Admin request

I wanted to show and tag a newly created ticket under "Server Request" but am only able to choose between Incident and SR issue types. Thus my ticket, when viewed on jira, only shows unassigned. Is there a way for me to do it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 13, 2021

Hi @[deleted] , welcome to the Community!

Currently the /jira create command doesn't help for cases where you need to set the Request Type field. We've captured this as a suggestion for the app in API-285 on our public Jira instance.

We do routinely see folks opting to use Halp, our conversation-based ticketing solution to integrate JSM projects with Slack. Halp's recipes allowing mappings with Jira fields and can gather details from folks right in Slack. While this isn't a drop-in replacement for your need here, it might help with the overall solution for the requests you're working with.

Cheers,
Daniel

Deleted user December 15, 2021

Thanks Daniel! I did a workaround on Automation. Created a new custom field with the same values of request type. upon clicking create, it will automatically set the actual request type to my preference.

I will look into Halp for a more seamless experience. Thank you.

Like Daniel Eads likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events