How to show issues from multiple projects?

Faisal April 8, 2021

Hi all,

Can someone advise me if this is even possible or any alternative.

We have Jira Service Management (Cloud) & Jira Software (Cloud). 

Problem tickets are created in JSM project (say PRJ-JSM) and if there is a Bug identified for a Problem, then a linked Bug is created in JS (say PRJ-JS).

I want some way to list all bugs that are created in PRJ-JS, and are linked to project PRJ-JSM. This list / report will be run by an internal user who has access to both JSM & JS.

Regards,

Faisal

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2021

Hi @Faisal

you would need to use JQL queries to get the information you are looking for in a listed format.

Per coincidence the very same day you asked the question there has been a similar question which was perfectly answered by Trudy:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Need-help-with-a-search-query-with-only-using-Advanced-search/qaq-p/1659444

It comes all down to the question if you have an App from Marketplace installed which is capable to do the query needed - this is because out of the box Jira does not offer the functionality you are looking for.

For example, a very popular one is ScriptRunner and you can use the functions provided by this App to query for the information you are looking for.

Please take some time to review the documentation to get a first idea what is possible:

https://scriptrunner-docs.connect.adaptavist.com/jiracloud/jql-aliases.html

There might be more Apps available from Marketplace capable of doing the same, however I am not familiar with them.

Regards,
Daniel

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

@Faisal -

This may not be possible because JSM customers for your end (they don't need license for JSM).  Where they access their issues only via the portal UI and not the actual JSM project UI.  In addition, one must have a license for Jira Software to access your JS projects.  There is no way that I know of to expose Linked issues information via the JSM portal.

You may include the JS bug issue URL in your JSM issue's as a comment, however your customer will not be able to access it unless they have Jira Software licenses.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Faisal April 8, 2021

Thanks Joseph for your response.

This list  will be accessed be accessed by internal users who have access to both JSM & JS. This isn't for customer access.

Regards,

Faisal

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

@Faisal -

If that was the case, the user will need to access the issue directly in your JSM project UI to see the linked issue. 

The UI URL should be something like https://<your based address>/browse/<the JSM issue key>.  This will take them to the JSM issue in your JSM project UI and not the portal UI.

If they access the Portal UI, they should be able just clicking on the actual JSM issue key to access the JSM project UI of the specific issuekey.

NOTE - If they need access to the JS issue, then they will also need access to the JS project too.

Hope this helps.  If my answer helped, please accept my answer of this ask.

Best, Joseph

Faisal April 12, 2021

Hi Joseph,

I am aware that, once we open an individual issue then we can open a linked ticket. My requirement is to see it in the listed format.

Regards,

Faisal

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events