Need help with a search query with only using Advanced search reference - JQL fields

jmoney1234
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2021

List of issues that need to be unblocked. These issues need to be unblocked because they are blocked by issues that are now closed.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2021

Hello @jmoney1234 

Welcome to the community.

For the issues that are "blocked", how did you indicate that they were blocked? Did you use the Issue Status? Or do you know they are blocked because they have a "blocked by" issue link to another issue?

If the indicator is based on issue linkage, JIRA does not provide much in the way of querying based on linked issues. You can find the details of the advanced JQL functions here:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/advanced-search-reference-jql-functions/

There is a linkedIssues() function, but you have to specify an issue against which you are searching for links. I don't think there is a way to query for all issues that have a "blocked by" link, for instance.

You can get extended JQL searching features with apps from the marketplace. Do you have any apps from the marketplace that extend your searching functionality?

Suggest an answer