Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show exact created time in help desk queue column?

Arpit Tambi March 28, 2022

Hi Everyone,

I want a column in my help desk queue that shows the exact created time of ticket creation, currently only created date is being shown in that field.

Please help me out.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Natalya Ozhigova March 29, 2022

Hi @Arpit Tambi 

May be not very convinient but it works. The workaround  is as follows: create a new Date Time custom field and copy to it value of created field by automation. Add to queue column created (custom_field).

Screenshot from 2022-03-29 15-47-32.png With the rule on the screen you can update the existing issues, and then use trigger when issue created.

Arpit Tambi March 29, 2022

Hi @Natalya Ozhigova 

Thanks for your reply, i have tried this but this is not working as expected.

Natalya Ozhigova March 29, 2022

Screenshot from 2022-03-29 16-46-30.png

It is my result.

Did you choose format of custom field like Date Time Picker? 

Could you check the date and time properties in the look and feel section? 

Best regards

Hi @Natalya Ozhigova 

I have attached screenshots for your reference, I have created a custom field with required automation named Created Time.

In queue it is not showing as desired format.

So how can i change this format of custom field?Screenshot 2022-03-30 110128.pngScreenshot 2022-03-30 110229.png

Natalya Ozhigova March 30, 2022

Hi @Arpit Tambi 

It seems at the moment it is impossible for cloud: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-33449 

The solution looks strange without the possibility. :( 

1 vote
Nina Zaradniak_Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 29, 2022

Hi @Arpit Tambi 

If you are considering a 3rd party app I can suggest Queues for Jira Service Management where you will see the date and exact time the ticket was created. Additionally, you can even control the appearance of the date and time fields. Find out more here.

Cheers,
Nina

0 votes

Hi @Natalya Ozhigova 

I have attached screenshots for your reference, I have created a custom field with required automation named Created Time.

In queue it is not showing as desired format.

So how can i change this format of custom field?Screenshot 2022-03-30 110128.pngScreenshot 2022-03-30 110229.png

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 29, 2022

HI @Arpit Tambi 

Not aware of the option of having it shown...just the date. If you hover over the date, then it will show the time as a pop-up.

There's a way to customize this but only in Jira server or Data Center.

Thanks,

ben

Bernd Gurn October 19, 2023

"... There's a way to customize this but only in Jira server or Data Center. ..." - and what´s the way? Can you point me to a description for the how-to course i am strongly interested in a solution. Thanks in advance.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events