Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set up a Jira Support landing page for external clients?

Ayushi Patel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 8, 2023

Hey, my company is trying to setup a new jira support landing page for clients who are external guest, so basically when they have any issues they file out a form/ticket on that board. Does Jira offer anything like that, where we can build a support landing page with some field and share it with external users so they can only view their tickets. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Marcus Jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2023

Hi and welcome to the community @Ayushi Patel

You'll need to be using Jira Service Management specifically. There will be a few things to do and also consider:

1) You first need to create a JSM project where your tickets will be created

2) You need to make sure the permissions at the global and project level allow for either login access for customers or anonymous access to your portal. You can go to your portal settings under your project settings and find the URL there. 

3) Customize the portal - An admin will need to navigate to your portal where it can be branded and custom wording can be added. 

4) Create your Request Types and add them to portal groups. Requests can also be hidden from the portal on a per request basis. 

Here's an article that should help you navigate those steps Set up and manage portal access | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support

Ayushi Patel
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 11, 2023

Thank you, I appreciate your help.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events