Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set alert when SLA success rate is below the target ?

fbeck_br August 17, 2022

Hey there,

I would like to receive an alert (any kind of notification) if the SLA success Rate of Time to Resolve SLA (considering 48 hours) is below 80%.

This number is avilable in the native (default) SLA success rate report.

I am not sure if its possible to get the number from API for example, but another idea is to get the the SLA data from a JQL result and calculate de success rate in a script for exemple, and trigget the notification.

Do you think is it possible using jira automations?

Any other idea ?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2022

Hi @fbeck_br

Out of the box you will not be able to complete this. However, you can use a combination of plugins to accomplish this. This example uses power scripts and eazybi.  Link: https://youtu.be/Y2OBPTpL-ew

Eazybi will calculate whether SLAs are met and then use powescritps to send an email with a certain conditions.

Good luck

1 vote
Olha Onofriichuk_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 19, 2022

Hi, @fbeck_br 

I would recommend you to try an SLA plugin for doing this. For example, SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on.

Just install this add-on, open it, and add a new SLA Configuration. Choose a time-limit based SLA goal type:

time limit based _.png

Choose a name of your configuration, project, calendar.

Select necessary conditions (for example, choose Start -> To Do and Stop -> Done or Resolved, you can choose the conditions you need, it's up to you).

Create two time goals, the first goal will be 48 hours, and the second - 80% of it, it's 48 - 10 = 38 hours. And choose "Notify user in comment" (and select a user or user group who will receive the notification). So that, you will get a notification 10 hours before the time of 48 hours.

settings _.png

Hope it helps. 

And if you need any help with settings or want to undestand better how this add-on works, let me know! SLA Time and Report for Jira add-on is created by my SaaSJet team, so we will be glad to help you with setting it up or conducting a demo call.

Have a great day!

Regards,
Olha

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events