cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set Not Assigned in Request type

Jeferson Carlos dos Santos January 8, 2024

Hey guys.
Could you please help me?
I created some Request types and within them, there is a default Jira field called "Responsible". I don't want to put anyone in charge of this request type, I want to leave it unassigned because I'm going to create an automation so that when a ticket is created with these request types, it will check the ticket's criticality and assign it to a specific list of employees.
I try to put the "Not Assigned" option but it won't let me save, it gives an error as shown below.

img1.JPG
How can I resolve this issue? Because today, to avoid making mistakes, I left them all assigned to me, but then the automation doesn't work because they are all already assigned to me.

img2.JPG

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2024

Hi @Jeferson Carlos dos Santos 

you could just remove it from the Request form and add it to Issue view. You can then fill it with Automation or manually but it will be empty / unassigned by default

Hi Rebekka!

When I try to remove this field, Jira does not allow it, as shown in the image below.

img3.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2024

Are you in a Team managed project?

Yes, I am

img3.jpg

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2024

No, you're not based on that screenshot. You are in a company managed project, it should say at the bottom left

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2024

You have a bit of a funky translations. Even with all features ("Functions" in your case) activated I do not have a field "Responsible" and it looks more like it would be the field "Assignee". Still, I cannot recreate the scenario, where assignee would be mandatory in a Request form

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2024

Can you try out to just add the field to the Issue View ("Item preview"). That should remove it from the Request form automatically.

I just created a new Request type and the field remains with the same name "Responsible" and should probably be the Assignee field as you mentioned.
img3.jpg

The default language in my Jira is Portuguese, I only use it to translate into English, which is the system default
img3.jpg

@Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ 

I set the English for defalt language and the field changed to Assignee like you said.
img3.jpg

I removed the Assignee field in the Item Preview, but when I go back to the Request Form, the field is there and won't let me put it as Not Assigned

img3.jpg

img2.JPG

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2024

Normally adding a field to the Issue view will remove it from the Request form. 

Honestly: no idea what is happening in your case. On my instance, I can remove Assignee with no problems and also I can leave it as "Unassigned".

My best guess at this point is that the translation is somehow messing with JSM, as the Default should be "Unassigned" rather than "Not assigned". For system fields there is no option to edit the standard translation so if you have your profile set to "English" it should give you the adequate translation now, regardless of the Systems Default Language.

Alright, I'll try to check what might have happened, as I haven't been able to resolve it yet.
In any case, I thank you very much for all your patience and help you gave me. Thanks a lot @Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_ !

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events