How to run IQL query across multiple object schemas or object types in Insight?

Jacob Olson September 3, 2021

I am wondering how it is possible to execute an IQL query that runs outside of the object type I am currently in. Is there a way to run my query across all of the object types? Or even across multiple object schemas?

I have read through the Atlassian IQL documentation but only found that I can limit the search to a specific object schema or object type. I have also tried running a query like from the example in the IQL documentation where I specify an object schema, but that still just returned the results from the object type I was currently in, not all objects in all object types in the object schema I specified. 

Thank you for your time and help,

Jacob

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2021

Hi @Jacob Olson ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community!

AFAIK this kind of search is available only in server version of Insight now. But this functionality is on the roadmap and marked as coming soon, see Enhanced Insight capabilites.

Jacob Olson September 7, 2021

Thank you for your response @Hana Kučerová

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Byron Barker February 26, 2022

Good Evening @Hana Kučerová

Taking a look at the Roadmap it says that the Enhanced Insight Capabilities was released Q1 of this year:

2022-02-26_23-35-16.png

I was just wondering if this functionality was rolled out as part of that.  As I am still having trouble locating it. 

Thanks!

Byron

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 27, 2022

Hi @Byron Barker ,

I also don't see it yet, but according to Cloud changes report this is functionality is rolling out (see Get to your objects quicker with Insight in Jira Service Management).

Byron Barker February 27, 2022

Great Thanks @Hana Kučerová 

I will keep my eye out for it. 

Thanks!

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 18, 2022

Hi @Byron Barker ,

good news - I've got this functionality available now. What about you :-)?

Lance Simpson August 15, 2022

@Hana Kučerová - can you be more specific about what functionality you have? I am trying to create a report that shows both Objects in a Schema along with Inbound/Outbound references to Objects and associated attributes in other schemas and am unable to do so. 

Example
Infrastructure Schema > Includes Server Objects 
Applications Schema > Includes Application Objects

I have a report that shows Servers, the Applications linked to them, and the support owner of those applications, which is defined as an attribute for each Application Ojbect.

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2022

@Lance Simpson Hi, this topic is about searching in Insight, not creating reports. I would recommend you to create a new question for this. Thank you.

Lance Simpson August 16, 2022

@Hana Kučerová the report would be based on the ability to perform the underlying search.  I cannot currently produce an IQL search to gather the data needed for the report.   The two scenarios are very much related.

You commented to Byron you had this functionality now. How are you writing searches to gather objects from multiple schemas currently?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 17, 2022

@Lance Simpson I believe this search functionality is available only on the list of object schemes. Moreover it is not using IQL, but you need to enter for example name of the object. 

Like Scott Boisvert likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events