Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrive selective attributes from Object in Assets

Dharma Teja {Appfire} October 31, 2023

I have an object where it has 4 attributes. When i provided AQL for retriving the result, the result fetching all attributes of object.

Example:  Sample AQL's which i using to retriving the information

objectId(4)

Name="ITISM"

Key="ITISM-100"

Key                   Name          Updated        Created

ITISM-100         ITSIM          Date()            Date()

I want the AQL to fetch only specific columns which having the details.

Key, Name from objectId(4). I am looking this kind AQL help. Is there a way to fetch specific columns

1 answer

0 votes
Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2023

Hi @Dharma Teja {Appfire} ,

Where are you using this AQL ?

There is no way to specify specific columns (like you can in sql). You can change your view to display the columns you need.

Best regards,

Kris

Dharma Teja {Appfire} November 1, 2023

Hi @Kris Dewachter :- Thanks for the input. We actually implemented some UI to user provide AQL query language, where we can process it using Assets rest API's and share the result with customer. 

I just expected that, is there any other way to get specific columns from object. But as you confirmed it, there is no way to do with Assets. Thank for clarification.

Can i have AQL realtime samples or videos on how to use Functions and

Reference functions

I was following this doc https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/use-assets-query-language-aql/, but good to have some realtime scenario session video's.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events