Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to retrict external customer to view internal helpdesk portal?

Nguyen Thi Ngoc Hoa December 15, 2022

We are currently intending to use Atlassian Service Desk to power both an internal helpdesk for IT/Facilities/Operations/Etc, and one public for our company's customers.
Here is the target I want
- Internal customer: Can view both internal helpdesk and external helpdesk
- External customer: Can not view any project but invited account. And just view the project that he was added into.
How can I do that?
* Now, I'm setting as below
1. At the customer access, I checked on
- "Use approved domain to grant internal customers access to the help cener with Atlassian accounts." and set the approved domain is my company email domain.
- I also checked on "Allow portal-only accounts tobe created for new customers accessing the help center
- At customer permission, i checked on "Customers added to this service project only by agents and admins".

Then, at external helpdesk project , i addded customer mailaddress to Customer. But the problem is that how to add internal customer to Customer automatically?
When I tried to create new Jira Service Project with "Use approved domain to grant internal customers access to the help cener with Atlassian accounts." is checked,
Internal Customers are added to Customers automatically but external customers accounts that were created before at other project are also added to Customers automatically.
How to invite an External Customer to one Jira Service Project and when the account is created, it will not be included in the "Customers" of other Jira Service Projects?

1 comment

Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2023

Hi @Nguyen Thi Ngoc Hoa ,

do you have a user group containing all the approved users from your domain?
If so, the easiest way would be, to add this group to the role Customer on the specific internal and external projects.

Kind regards,
Kai

Nguyen Thi Ngoc Hoa August 31, 2023

Thankyou very much!

I'm doing as your comment!

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events