Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reset cutomer password

Lukasz Staniak August 23, 2022

Hello,

I am testing my demo project in Jira Service Management. I have problem with resetting customer's passwords. Lets assume the customer invited by admin (which get the invitation on his email) request admin to reset his password set during creating his account. On my project under: Projects > [Project Name] > Customers I can see the summary list including customer name, email address, qty of opened issues, qty of closed issues and delete option (screen @#1). When select one of the test users and click "View profile" I can see only communicate "it looks like we got lost - the user you are looking for is not exists" (screen #2). What is wrong and how I can reset password for customer ?

The screenshots are in Polish, anyway I hope that the details can be read from the context.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 23, 2022

@Lukasz Staniak Welcome to the Atlassian community

You can just request the password for them again in the portal, they can also do this.

1. Go to the Service Desk Customer Portal
  2. Enter the username and click the login button
  3. Click on the Forgotten password link
  4. The reset link will be emailed to the customer
Lukasz Staniak August 23, 2022

@Brant Schroederthank you for reply.

May I ask you to include the screenshot or link syntax to the page with visible option 'Forgotten password'?

In the location: Projects / [Project_Name] / Customers I can not do antything except deleting the users.

According to your instructions, there is an option to login the user (using only the login name) and then send request to reset password, right?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

@Lukasz Staniak I was just referring to the portal when you are not logged in.  

Go to the portal when not logged in and enter the customers email address.

Screenshot 2022-08-24 105220.png

After you enter the address and click next the following screen will appear that will allow you or the customer to request a new password.

Screenshot 2022-08-24 105440.png

Like Lukasz Staniak likes this
Lukasz Staniak August 24, 2022

Thank you, @Brant Schroeder - it does work.

As I understand, this is the way to reset the password of users by themselves.

You wrote: 'You can just request the password for them again in the portal' - is it another way for admins to request resetting of password?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 25, 2022

@Lukasz Staniak Sorry if I was not clear.  I was just trying to explain what I provided above in the screenshots.  

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2022

@Lukasz Staniak if this answered your question can you please accept the answer to help others?

April Siebart April 10, 2024

Hi All - IS there an admin view for us to force a password reset link to our portal users? I followed the steps above, and attempted to resend the reset link but our user is still not receiving the link.

What are the next steps here?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2024

@April Siebart sometimes the emails get blocked.  I would submit a support request to Atlassian so they can see if it is going out.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events