How to replace User from automation email reply?

Barinda Zarn April 24, 2023

Hello, we have a user (now a former employee) who is set as the auto responder for reminders and when tickets are closed (updating to Done). I've searched JIRA to determine where this is set but I'm unable to find. Can someone please assist and point me to where I can update to replace with a new user? Thanks,

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

@Barinda Zarn When you are on the legacy automation you will see a little menu next to add rule in the right hand corner.  When you click that you can change the project default for automations.  See image below.

Screenshot 2023-04-24 215238.png

Barinda Zarn April 25, 2023

OMG! Thank you Brant! I was able to update accordingly. Appreciate both yours and @Dan Breyen's help.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this
1 vote
Dan Breyen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2023

Hi @Barinda Zarn . welcome! If it's an email coming from Automation, in the 'Send Email' section I have a 'More options' section where the From & From Name are listed. Is there an automation that you have running to do this task?  If so, the automations are available under project settings. I would start there. 

If it is an automation, and you're still having issues, could you possibly post it so we could take a look at it?

Barinda Zarn April 24, 2023

Thank you Dan for the follow-up. I don't see a "Send Email" section for the Automation. In reviewing Automation, we have one enabled Rule which does not reference the former employee (attaching it for your reference).

Automation_Prompt customer for comment_Enabled.png

I do observe under the Legacy Automation,  under Options, for "Run rule as..." there are two legacy automations that reference the former employee for Project default (attaching images of them). Both still appear enabled.  Where can I update that Project default to a different employee? Hoping this will address the issue.

Legacy Automation_Options_Project default former employee.pngLegacy Automation_Options_Comments reopen issue.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events