Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove request type field in create issue screen

John Luyun July 7, 2022

Hi

I noticed that Atlassian rolled out a change on the create issue/request screen wherein the request type field is now a mandatory field.

Based on our project's configuration, we do not require the request type if the issue is being raised by an agent. Is there a way to remove this or even change the default value to "no request type"?

JIRA create issue screen.jpg

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Luyun July 17, 2022

For some reason the create issue screen has reverted to its original state.

Federico Scheu July 25, 2022

Today I noticed that this change had been rolled out to our instance. Does anyone know if this change is going to stay? I couldn't find any configuration to remove the field from the create screen.

I couldn't find any related change in the change documentation: https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2022/07/atlassian-cloud-changes-jul-11-to-jul-18-2022#AtlassianCloudchangesJul11toJul18,2022-jira.service.management

John Luyun July 25, 2022

@Federico Scheu In our case, it reverted back to what it was after a few days. 

0 votes
Rob McLellan April 24, 2023

I'm still looking to remove the request type from my issue create screen.

Why is this even a thing?

How can an issue be a request as well?

Would really like to get rid of this if anyone has advice where I can remove this.

Looked all over

0 votes
Simon Wong September 27, 2022

We're running into the same useability issue. I don't know how it was reverted for John, but we have no way of disabling or setting a default value for the Request Type dropdown. 

Atlassian support pointed me to this feature request: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-8931. With such low vote count, it'll probably never get implemented.

It is very cumbersome that an Agent creating an issue in the Agent view needs to explicitly select "No Request Type" so none of the associated automation rules trigger as if a customer created the request from the Customer portal. More than that, any time an Agent doesn't make the "No Request Type" selection, the created issue might be routed or modified by automation unexpectedly. 

Kelly Phillips November 30, 2022

There is also this request that has a few more votes - it's also related to issues that have been created by enforcing a request type, not that many votes either.  I'm struggling to configure the fields I want shown because without a request type set, you can't custom the fields shown.

And the issue type I have is a 'sub-task' issue - which doesn't allow you to set a request type. I've been going in circles and it's driving me mad.

JSDCLOUD-9230 

Like # people like this
0 votes
Mike July 8, 2022

Yes, we need an answer to this as well. We also don't require request types when entered by an agent. How can it be defaulted to No Request Type?

John Luyun July 10, 2022

I'm not 100% sure if Atlassian informed customers of this change but there should be an option to remove this as it takes away from "configuring your own" schema. 

Like # people like this
0 votes
andre.lapointe July 8, 2022

I have the same question. I also noticed some previously option fields have not been made required. These are custom fields. 

What happened!? I don't like that a Jira-side change can affect the way our Create issue screen appears. This is a big problem for us.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events