Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to remove invited users from Jira service management?

Syed Gillani May 13, 2024

I invited some external users to our Jira service management project however they haven't accepted the invite. How can I remove those users from Jira? 

I can see them under "Customers" however they aren't visible under user management since the invite wasn't accepted. 

3 answers

1 vote
Rita Garrett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 30, 2024

In our instance of Jira Service Management, we had to go into project settings, click on people, look for the person that was invite and go to action to remove. 

jsm removal customer.png

1 vote
Dimitris Sylligardakis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2024

Hi Syed,

You can try the following:

Removing directly from the Jira Service Management Customer List:

1. In your Jira Service Management project, go to the "Customers" section.
  2. Locate the user you want to remove in the list.
  3. Click on the ellipsis (...) next to their name.
  4. Select "Delete" from the dropdown menu.

OR

Through User Management (Jira Admin):

1. A Jira administrator will need to log in and go to the "User Management" section in Jira settings.
  2. Under User Management, there should be a section specifically for "Jira Service Management."
  3. Find the invited user and delete them from this list.

Hope this helps solve the issue

Syed Gillani May 15, 2024

Hi @Dimitris Sylligardakis 
Thanks for the reply. 

Unfortunately both suggestions doesn't work for me (as an org admin). 

In suggestion 1, I don't see ellipsis (...) next to the invited users

In Suggestion 2, I don't see the invited users (who haven't accepted the invites) under  "Jira Service Management.".

Could it be because I'm currently on a free trial? 

Christine Lee May 20, 2024

I have the same issue. There is no apparent way to remove an invited, external customer. It's stuck in limbo and impossible to clean up.

Like Syed Gillani likes this
Syed Gillani July 24, 2024

I think I found a place where you could remove invited users 

Products -> Products access -> SITES AND PRODUCTS -> JIRA SERVICE MANAGEMENT_Portal Customers

Like # people like this
0 votes
Marc Jason Mutuc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2024

You should be an Site Admin to do this. You go to admin.atlassian.com go to User, search for the account you want to remove, select it, then click on the 3 dots . . . and remove.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events