How to remove copied workflow schemes

Rod August 1, 2018

OK, I am completely lost.  I have been playing with Workflows and schemes, and along the way, in the workflow scheme page I selected "copy" from the far right. The screen flashes, no dialog is opened, but after i do it, I have on my workflow an association to the original scheme as well as the copy of the scheme... I can see the schemes in a drop down list for associating with other schemes, but I do not see them on the workflow scheme administration pages, and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to delete them! 

Any assistance is appreciated.

I have added some screen shots to hopefully illustrate my mess.

Thanks,

RodScreen Shot 2018-08-01 at 10.15.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-01 at 10.15.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-01 at 10.16.24 PM.pngPS. I have been googling and trying to find the proper documentation on this, so if I missed it, I apologize, and just point me to the right place, but everything I found mentions disassociating with all projects (which they are from what I can tell) and then clicking on the delete link which does not exist :-)

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2018

@Rod, If i understand your question correctly you will find any copied WFs that have not yet be associated to any issuetypes in the "Inactive" area. At the very bottom of your first screenshot you will see the word Inactive. Click that and it will expand.

Rod August 2, 2018

OK, Thanks.... Part of me feels like a real idiot, and another part of me thinks that the guy who designed that page to work in this manner is not very bright. Can you tell me how I was supposed to know that it was a collapsed panel? I don't see any arrows to indicate expanded or collapsed, no +/- sign, it is not even underlined to imply it is clickable!

I feel stupid, and wasted 2+ hours last night combing through links and trying random things that could cause further damage all because to me, the page does not give any indication that there are inactive schemes and it does not have any visible markings...

I truly appreciate your reply as it saved me more frustration.

I have to say, overall, I am thrilled with the support from the community for JIRA though, and am still in favor of our using the platform.

Rod

Like # people like this
Kate Fletcher April 3, 2019

@RodJust chiming in to say that I too have spent a couple of hours today trying to solve this exact problem. I also didn't realise that the word 'Inactive' could be expanded! It looks like a section header with no content underneath...

Like # people like this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2019

Yep. It gets everyone I expect. It certainly could be made to be more obvious. 

Like # people like this
charleslcso May 29, 2019

Yes, I got into this Hidden feature too. Spent too much time looking for ways to delete unwanted WF Schemes and WFs.

Like # people like this
Ravindra Sanchoriya August 27, 2019

Me too,

also they didn't fix it yet...F

Like Kate Fletcher likes this
Duncan Worrell February 7, 2021

Feb 2021 and this is still an issue.

Duncan Worrell February 7, 2021

And just a pointer that there is an INACTIVE section on both the Workflows and Workflow Schemes pages. You see all the "copies" assigned on the Workflow page, but you actually have to delete them from the INACTIVE section of the Workflow Schemes page (the page where clicking "Copy" seems to do nothing).

0 votes
Randall Newman February 3, 2020

I have copies of active workflow schemes that I can't figure out how to delete or move to another project.  Any idea.  I simply made a copy of the workflow and now I cant delete it.

2020-02-03_1553.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2021

Hi @Randall Newman , you will note that while the workflows are titled “Copy...” they are in fact Active. As such you cannot delete them. A workflow must first be disassociated with any Issuetype before it can be removed. Once you disassociate with any issuetypes the WF will appear under the Inactive section.

p.s., when you make copies of workflows the first thing to do is to rename it so it reflects it true purpose.

Like John Price likes this
Victor September 14, 2021

Hi @Randall Newman  and @Jack Brickey Go to >Settings > Issues > to your left under the Issue menu, go to > workflow schemes, then click on the >Inactive (left, bottom of the page) , which should open a pull down menu with all inactive workflow schemes included you copy of schemes. Extreme right to the scheme you want to delete, you will find delete. Click on it and delete.

Hope this helps some one else and prevent them from wasting 1hr like I did.

Like Iordanis Felekidis likes this
0 votes
Karyn Tooke February 13, 2019

Hi, I have a similar issue I've been making multiple changes & taking copies of our workflow in the event we need to revert but I'm now building up a collection of workflows connected to screens, how can I ensure only the latest version is listed in the Workflows section?

Multiple workflows.pngAppreciate any advice to a) remove the copies immediately then b) follow some steps to ensure I only retain the latest version.

Tomas Gustavsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events