cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to print the ticket resolution in a private comment

Lucrecia F_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2023

Hi, first question on this community forum.

I'm trying to add some automations to our Service Project. I want to record in a private comment when a ticket has been marked as resolved, what Resolution was chosen. So, the automation rule is similar to: When the issue is transitioned from In Progress to Solved, add a private comment saying:

"Ticket has been transitioned to a solved status with resolution: [[placeholder]]"

For the placeholder, I've used the tag {{issue.resolution}} - However, this prints a "1", not the actual resolution name.

What tag should I use instead, or how can I print the actual name of the resolution?

1.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2023

Hi Lucrecia 

{{issue.resolution.name}}

Lucrecia F_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2023

Thanks for the quick answer!!

Do you know if there is a list somewhere with these more-detailed tags? I only found this list, which is unclear then, as {{issue.resolution}} does not "return the issue's resolution" as anyone would understand it...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events