Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to prevent some issues of a certain issue type or request type from showing in the portal

Darren Wedgwood March 15, 2022

Hello community folks. Our JSD project has a number of different issue types and associated request types and I wish to prevent the issuetype = Admin (also Request type = Admin) from being visible to customers in the customer portal.

From the documentation I can find there seems to be 2 ways to achieve this:

1. leave the Organizations field empty - this wont work for us as we use that field internally to drive a number of filters for our account managers, so it needs to be set even if we dont want the customer to see that issue.
  2. leave the Request Type empty - this would work perfectly for us, but there doesn't seem to be a way to unset the Request Type field if it has a value already set. So if an agent has set the Request Type field, or if an Admin issue is created by changing the issue type of an issue raised by a customer via the portal then the request type is again already set and there seems to be no way to unset it.

Maybe there is another way to prevent issues with certain issue types or request types from being visible to customers in the portal?

I have tried removing all the portal group settings from the request type "Admin" - but all that does is prevent the request type Admin from being selected when a customer creates an issue via the portal - it does not prevent existing issues of type Admin from being displayed in the portal.

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Christian Happel June 14, 2022

As far as I understand the Organization drives the visibility as you wrote as well under 1.

If you need a customer field for your account managers to drive certain actions, you might want to consider to create a new custom field "customer" and use that for it. Of course you could use an automation to set the value of that field automatically based on the Organization field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events