Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to populate a field in Jira Service desk based on the customer sending the ticket?

Samantha Mulder-Heijgen April 5, 2022

Hello,

I would like to have a way to automatically add an account manager to a ticket as a watcher, based on the customer that creates a service request. Basically, if customer A has Accountmanager B, whenever A enters a ticket, B will be added as a watcher. I need to be able to adjust this list of Accountmanagers, as they are not a static group.

Thank you for your help!

Sam

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Salzi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 5, 2022

Hi Sam,
You can solve this with a script, for example with Scriptrunner.
You also need a mapping of which customer belongs to which account manager. Customer and account manager can be linked with Insight, for example.

This won't work without a third-party app

salzi

Samantha Mulder-Heijgen April 5, 2022

Thanks for the answer!

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 5, 2022

Hey @Samantha Mulder-Heijgen ,

Have you considered using Insight for this? (I find it works great for managing this type of data)

Just from the top of my head, you could create the list of Account Managers there and create an automation rule perhaps based on the reporter email domain? (there is a specific field for that to capture the email domain)

The Automation could for example do a LookupObjects() with an IQL to get the correct AM.

The email domain is just a suggestion since I don't know your full situation of course. But I would think about setting up that list in Insight (if you have premium JSM) and then an Automation rule based on your criteria.

It sort of depends on how you define your customer and the link to the Account Manager.

i'd be happy to think with you if you have some more criteria that you can route that automation on.

Another route could be that they simply select some value on the request (region, industry, ... ) which would link to that same Account Manager list in Insight.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events