Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to organize end-users best to be able to create a queue per department / organization?

ACN Helpdesk May 13, 2024

What's the easiest method to categorize end-users in Jira service management? We have end-users located in different offices and would like to group them by office.

I found the organizations feature for customers, as well as the asset - department option.

Our goal is to have a queue for each office. Or to be able to filter them when needed by office. 

I have figured out how to create a queue based on the reporter's location using 'reporter in organizationMembers(Name of the office). However, I'm unsure if this is the most effective approach.

Our end-users would also be added to Asset, and linked to Departments. Is there a way to create a queue based on the departments a person is in?

I hope to avoid working with labels linked to the organization.

1 answer

0 votes
Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2024

Hi @ACN Helpdesk ,

There are multiple ways that would allow you to set this up.

If your end-users are already assigned to a a user group per office, you could already use the "memberOf()" selection in your JQL to select the tickets created by members of a specific usergroup.

Like you mentioned, assigning end-users to organizations is also a possibility. Then you can use the "organizationMembers("")" selection in your JQL.

Setting users in asset management would also be possible, but will be more difficult to setup.

Best regrds,

Kris

ACN Helpdesk May 13, 2024

Hi Kris,

Thanks! What do you mean with user group? I don't think I have set up those already.
Do you mean via Directory > Groups? Because if I try to create a group and add a 'customer' I can't find their name/email from the dropdown list. Isn't this only for admins and users that will be solving requests?

Kris Dewachter
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 13, 2024

Hi @ACN Helpdesk ,

Yes i mean the usergroups that you can access via "User Management" --> "Directory" --> "Groups".

Once a group is created, you should be able to add existing users (customers or backoffice users) to the group (if they have an Atlassian User Account).

Best regards,

Kris

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events