Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage view and edit an issue based on permissions

Consulente Atlassian March 24, 2022

I have this problem. I have Jira Service Management and a field called Group Assignee. In the Group Assignee field which is a Group Picker type, you can select one group of jira users at a time. When the issue is displayed I would like that if the current user is in the assignee group then this user can view and edit the issue. If the current user is not in the group indicated by the assignee group then I would like this user to "only see" the issue and not edit it. My problem is that reading here https://www.j-tricks.com/tutorials/permissions-based-on-workflow-status I found useful help to understand how to make a property, but I don't know if and how to pass the current value of Assignee Group, in the properties value. Assuming that it can be done I don't know and am asking for help from you.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2022

Hi @Consulente Atlassian ,

unfortunately, that configuration could be put in place based on specific group, uer or project role but not based on custom field within your issue.

If that behaviour is general, so it affects all your issues within your project you can provide edit permission to that group custom field. It means that only user in that group field can edit an issue even if they are not the current assignee.

if you need some behaviour more complicated my suggestion is to use https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/23216/field-security-plugin-for-jira?tab=overview&hosting=server 

Hope this helps,

Fabio

Deleted user March 24, 2022

thanks for your contribution, yes in fact I was thinking to use otherwise the secure fields plugin @Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_ 

Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2022

you're welcome @[deleted] / @Consulente Atlassian 

please mark my answer as accepted

Like Consulente Atlassian likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events