Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to manage Gsuite email storage data when connected to Service Management..??

Drew Angell March 25, 2023

I am using Google Gsuite, and I have a support@mydomain.com account linked to Service Management for sending and receiving email.

I use Jira SM for all of my interaction, of course, but I'm noticing that in my Gsuite account for this support user, the storage space it's using for email is growing very large.

When I look at the account I see that all of the emails being sent throug this are getting stored in the Gsuite account, using up its space.

Can I delete this email to clear out all that storage space on Gsuite, or will that erase the emails from Jira SM as well?

Any info on how this is managed and how I can handle this would be greatly appreciated.  thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 16, 2023

@Drew Angell If you delete old emails it will not impact JSM as they have already been consumed by the application.  I would suggest setting up a rule that archives after 90 days and deletes after 120 days.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events