Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make sure a reporter is notified when raising on behalf of?

Tadd July 14, 2021

When a reporter is changed the reporter doesn't get notifications.

Example of how this works for us.

Someone emails IT, instead of our tech support email. 

The IT person creates a ticket, and changes the "Raise on behalf of" to the person who did the naughty and didn't raise the ticket the correct way.

Now the problem is, whenever we comment on that ticket, no email gets sent to the Reporter. I've double-checked and nothing is in spam.

Now, if the reporter emails directly to the tech support, everything goes as expected. They get notified of comments or resolutions, and they can reply back. BUT ONLY if they send the ticket in.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

Please verify that the customer request type is actually set. There are two things that need to be set correctly when raising the request on behalf of a customer: the reporter and the customer request type

Mwangala Allan July 14, 2021

Wow  seriously! 

Tadd July 14, 2021

Why would that matter for notifications? I just want it to email the reporter back.

The customer request type is set the same regardless of us they emailed it to JIRA/tech support of directly to an IT employee. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 14, 2021

Did that solve your issue? Or is the problem persisting?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 14, 2021

Let me rewind here a bit. Who created the issue in the project initially and how did they do that? From what I read initially it seems that the IT agent created the ticket for the customer. Then the question is did they use the create button at the top or did they use the raise a request link on the side bar? If they use the create button it doesn’t go through the form that the customer normally would via the portal as such what is often missed when setting up the request is actually setting the customer request type. Given that issues within all JSM projects deal with customer request type not issue type it is important that that it is correctly set. Otherwise if a customer goes to their portal and looks for the issues they raised the issue will not show up if the customer request type is not set. Note if a customer sends in an email to the JSM project then the customer request type is automatically set based on how the email channel is configured.

Tadd July 14, 2021

I see.

How the ticket is usually created is the agent will use the outlook integration. 

Screenshot_4.jpg

The Reporter is then set to whoever is reporting the issue. The Issue Type is set the same as when someone is emailing the tech support email. 

The other thing is, when something is resolved, the setting is to Reporter(customer) and Customers involved.

Screenshot_5.jpgWhich, in my mind, shouldn't matter what the Issue Type is. 

I'll poke around the settings to see if I missed something.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events