Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make my field REQUIRED wirh red "*"

Deleted user May 12, 2020

I checked the required box next to the fields (in Field Configuration) and change it to REQUIRED but the red "*" will not display on the board. Please help with next step by step. Im still new with JIRA.

3 answers

1 vote
Ken Klawiter May 12, 2020

I use the following to change the text to Red. {color:red} Required Field {color}.  Make sure to set the field Required.

0 votes
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2020

Hi @[deleted] 

As an addition to @Jack Brickey 's answer please make sure that the Field Configuration Scheme is the one associated with your issue type.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 12, 2020

Warning - i rarely recommend making a field "*" required and it often has undesirable results. Rather I generally use a Validator on a specific transition(s) in the workflow. That said you may have very good reasons for making it 'hard-required'. Here is how....

Jira settings > Issues >  fields > field configuration

find your field and it should say Required on the right-hand side, click to make required

Deleted user May 12, 2020

I went to Jira settings > Issues >  fields > field configuration

found my field and checked the Required option on the right-hand side, clicked to make required. BUT the red "*" will not show up on the board. Please help...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events