Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to line up priority between Issue and Portal

Hello,

In my Customer Portal, I have listed Priority as a required field in the form. (See attached: Form Priority).  The priority level does not match up to issue created in JSM. 

For example, the form's Medium becomes Major in the portal Detail view but Medium in Service Request.

Another example, the form's High becomes Critical in portal detail view but High in Service Request.

This becomes confusing to customer as they enter one state and the detail view shows them another. 

Is this configurable in my setting? Detail Priority .PNGIssue Priority.PNG

Thanks,

Wanda

1 answer

0 votes

Hello @Wanda Ng,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Thank you for sharing the details and screenshots.

The second one shows a ticket that was created via email. When creating a request via email, only the summary and description can be required, all other fields must be optional. 

With this said, when a ticket is created via email the priority will be the default one set on Cog icon > Issues > Priorities.

Another thing that it’s important to check if it’s indeed the field Priority that is visible for customers in the portal.

When adding a field in the request form, it’s possible to add a display name, so for example, you can create a field that internally is called “Customer priority”, but you can add a display name “Priority”. So, the “real priority” will be “medium” and the priority the customer selected will be “high” because they are actually not the same field.

Please, go to the Request type > Request form and check this information.

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 16.53.06.png

Kind regards,
Angélica

Hi Angelica,

Thank you for your respond.

Priority is the same as issue field Priority. 

prorityIssueType.PNG

Here is another example where we the request is opened within the portal and not from email, same issue here.

RequestPortalView1.PNG

RequestPortalView2.PNG

Same ticket, in different view with different priority for Test User. (Medium vs Major)

Any ideas where I need to change to line them up?

Thanks,

Wanda

Thank you for testing and for the details, Wanda.

I tested here but I wasn’t able to replicate it. The priority added by the customer is the same as it shows on the ticket internally and when changing by using automation or manually, the field is updated it also updates in the ticket in the portal.

If you manually change the priority, does it update in the portal?

Is it happening on all request types?

If you create the ticket using your main (agent) account, does the same issue happen?

Maybe, also test using another browser or incognito mode to make sure it’s not related to cache/cookies.

Was there any translation added to the priorities (Cog icon > Issues > Priorities > Translate priorities)? 

Can you please check the History tab on the ticket to check if it shows any changes by automation?

Is it happening on other projects?

• Same issue in Chrome with no cache.
  • As a customer, once they submitted the request, they cannot change priority.  This is actually how I found out the issue, a customer pointed it out and having to re-create request with different prioirty.
  • As an agent, I changed the priority to "Low", as a customer, I see it as "Minor"
  • We are only using Service Requests from JSM
  • Same issue if I created request as an agent
  • we only have on JSM service project and no automation
  • I found this translation but it seems to be the default settings. Is there a way to have different priority translation to just one project?

PriorityIssues.PNG

PriorityTranslation.PNG

Thanks

Thank you for the information, Wanda.

I asked about the translations because that’s the only option to add a different name to priorities. It’s possible to edit their original names, but it’s global, once it’s changed it will apply to all tickets and projects and the portal as well.

By default, priorities, statuses, resolutions are not translated and administrators can add custom ones. 

What is happening, in this case, is that the translations are overwriting the correct name of the priorities for the customer on the portal.

Please, remove the translations and click on Update. After that, it should show the same priority for customers and agents.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM June Challenge #2: Share how your business teams became ITSM rockstars

For JSM June Challenge #2, share how your non-technical teams like HR, legal, marketing, finance, and beyond started using Jira Service Management! Tell us: Did they ask to start using it or...

356 views 9 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you