Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to limit field options based on issue type

Scott Federman June 30, 2022

I have multiple issue types in project. Each issue type has it own set of services that pertain to it. Services is a single select dropdown field. How can I limit the field options to only show the options relevant to the specific issue type?

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

Hi @Scott Federman,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You could do this by setting up a custom field context for each issue type, that way you can control what values are available for each issue type.

@Mikael Sandberg  Thank you. Unfortunately you can only have one context per project. I wouldn't be able to create multiple contexts for one project based on issue type.  

Bobby Messinger June 30, 2022

Solved: Hi, I need to show different values for same field based in the issue type. From as I know, this can be done using Behaviors.

Like Alexander Bondarev likes this

@Bobby Messinger you are correct, but behaviours doesn't exist in cloud. 

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 30, 2022

My bad, I missed the part about single project. In that case you would have look for an app like Elements Connect and setup a dependency to the issue type field, not sure if it works on the JSM portal or not.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events