Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to isolate between different Service Projects?

john chen March 8, 2024

Hi, 

I have 2 service projects on JSM for customer support. One used for official external customer support and the other one for internal feature testing purposes. When a request is created on the official portal, on Requests tab under the Request type drop down, i can see request types from all of service projects. Is there a way to separate them and only show the Request types defined under that specific service project? 

Thanks!

John

3 answers

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2024

Hi @john chen,

That is a permissions matter. Each project has separate permissions that you can define. It's good to have a close look at at least the following support articles:

Apart from that, when you are an agent (an internal user who works on requests from customers) in both projects, it is entirely normal that you can see request types from both projects in the help center. Just be aware that - when permissions are properly set up - customers will only see the request types from the JSM projects they have access to.

Hope this helps!  

0 votes
john chen March 11, 2024

Thanks for the replies. I basically went to the project that i wanted to hide the request types from and removed permission entirely and its not showning up on my main project. It works for my purpose but it may not be very efficient if you have multiple live projects. 

0 votes
Zoey Wang
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2024

Hi @john chen 

If the two service projects are deploying separate request-type schemes

and each Portal has been enabled and visible in your Help Center

and your portal customers can access them respectively, the listed request types should be exclusive to each service project by default. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events