Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to initialize a specific form with values e.g. from a former request

Günter Halmans May 8, 2024

Hi,

we would like to make the life of requesters in our Service Portal easier by providing the possibility to use the values of a former submitted form.

In detail:

1. User has created a ticket via form A using the service portal and the request type R1. As a result, the issue ABC-1 is created (in a service project)

2. User wants to add a new ticket using the request type R1 and form A. But he only wants to change a few values compared to issue ABC-1.

The question is, how we could initialize the form (or form template) with values of the issue ABC-1 (however we should trigger this action)?

I have played a bit with the API concerning forms and I'm able to create new forms according an issue, to submit new forms, to change answers in forms...but I do not find any possibility, to initialize the form, which is called when a user clicks on the corresponding request type in a service portal.

Is there a way to realize such an initialization?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Günter

1 answer

0 votes
Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2024

@Günter Halmans ,

Jira provides Clone option. Once the issue is cloned, user can modify the fields which need an update.

Hope this helps !

Vijay

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events