Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to include end user request with initial email back to end user?

Joe Keller March 23, 2022

Hello,

When an employee submits a ticket, I want to send them an email with their request in the email body. Out of the box, the email sent back to the end-user gives them a link to click, but their request is not in the body of the email.

How do I configure this?

Thanks!

Joe

2 answers

0 votes
Joe Keller March 28, 2022

I found the solution I needed by looking in Project Settings | Request Created and editing the template. Easy peasy :)

Thank you for responding Joseph!

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2022

@Joe Keller -

Hi Joe:

In our envs, we utilize WF customization at issue creation time via post function call to send out customized email containing any field content that we need back to the reporter of the issue.  (i.e. issue description field etc..)

Two options - 

Option One -

• To support this post function call setup, we have the following add-ons (which both of them are a must to have in my opinion for any Jira/JSM envs) -

ScriptRunner for Jira - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820/scriptrunner-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Jira Misc Workflow Extension - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/292/jira-misc-workflow-extensions-jmwe?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Both of them provide simple to use post function calls to create custom emails.

Option Two -

Assuming you have Automation for Jira add-on (it comes with if your CLOUD instance is at the Premium level).  You can create automation rule to execute after an issue is created and send out customized email with content back to the issue reporter.

Last thing for you to consider is that you will need to ensure that the users are not being spammed with too many emails (emails from both the system and customization route).  This is something that your team needs to reach a balance on this matter.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events