Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to include a fix version from the trigger issue in a comment?

Shaylyn Demidow January 13, 2023

I have added a comment to a linked service desk issue that lets the customer know that their issue has been addressed in a release. I am trying to pull the release number from the trigger issue but it always adds the comment but no fix version.

Is there a way to do this?

Add a commnet.PNG

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2023

Hello @Shaylyn Demidow 

Welcome to the Atlassian community!

When debugging Automation, I find that it is very helpful to add Log actions and write to the rule Audit Log the values for smart values to make sure they contain the data I expect.

Also, have you looked at the Audit Log to see if it provides any information about the execution of the Add Comment action?

And, lastly, the problem is that you have a typo in the smart value. You have two "i" characters at the beginning of "Issue" in "triggerIssue"

{{triggerIissue

vs.

{{triggerIssue

Shaylyn Demidow January 23, 2023

Hi Trudy,

The spelling error wasn't the problem as I fixed that and it still does not pull the fix version in. The audit log says "success" without any indication of failure on that smart value. 

I am not even sure if that is the right smart value format. 

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

Does the issue triggering the rule have values in the Fix Version/s field?

Are you getting any comment added to your issue when the rule runs?

I have created a rule that I trigger manually that simply adds a comment with nothing more than the following in the comment text

{{triggerIssue.fixversions}}

I trigger this rule on an issue that has values in the Fix Version/s field and I get a comment added to the issue.

However, the text add as a comment is the unique numeric IDs of the Versions, not the names of the versions. This is the smart value needed to put the Version name in the comment.

{{triggerIssue.fixversions.name}}
Shaylyn Demidow February 6, 2023

Sorry it took so long, just got back to testing this and

{{triggerIssue.fixversions.name}}

worked! Thanks so much

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events