How to improve access to customer history on issue creation

Jörg Müller August 24, 2022

Hi guys,

I'm relatively new to the administration of service management and I'm still trying to improve the product for our workflow. I hope some of you have some ideas to share how I can solve my "problems".

Now, let me start by sharing how we use the product currently:

I've set up my project and the different contact channels. Customers may contact via mail or the portal. I've added some custom fields to the issue creation like customer number or connected seller. This allows us to find issues that belong to one customer number f.e.

But: We also use the internal issue creation to create issues for users that may contact us via phone. In such a case, we fill out the fields like customer number ourselfs.

Question 1:

Is there a way to change the internal issue creation form to show past incidents to the same customer? The agents may want to see what was done in the past without filtering for that customer number in the extended issue search which is placed under "filters".

Question 2:

Are there maybe some dashboard tools that could help me achive what I asked in question 1? I tried to setup some universal dashboard page that should be used by everyone as a starting point and I tried to create some kind of search for those previously mentioned custom fields to show past incidents to the information that is entered there, but I could not find something fitting.

I hope I was able to describe my intentions in an understandable way. If not, please feel free to ask questions. And thank you very much for your help in advance!

Regards,

Jörg

3 comments

Cortez Haney August 24, 2022

Customer relationship management software helps you stay connected with customers so you can continually gauge customer sentiment. NextEmployeePortal
Automation, email templates, contact history and tracking reports are a few of the benefits of using a good CRM application for customer service.
Sixty-five percent of consumers believe a company’s reputation for great customer service is more important than advertising.

Carmen Nadeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2022

Hi @Cortez Haney 

I use this addon because it lets you filter dynamically issuess in a dashboard. I have use it the way you need to use a dashboard. It is simple to use but allow you to do complex things if you wish.

Rich Filters for Jira Dashboards and is available for Cloud or DC.

They also offer an extension addon for JSM but I think in your case you wont need it

Carmen

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

Hi @Jörg Müller ,

Using native Jira/JSM features could be difficult to make your process smoothly. I can propose you our app Customer Details for Jira Service Management. Thanks to this addon, you can manage customers and organizations in one place.

customer-details-people.png

According to your first question, you will see all requests reported by current customer on the issue view in the dedicated panel as well as additional data about this customer (which agents or customer can update).
customer-details.png

I highly reccommend you to try it because probably it will solve your issues.

This app is still developing and our backlog is full of ideas which we implement step-by-step. Of course, any of new requirements are welcomed. 

If you need a demo of this app or have questions, contact us via our customer portal.

Kate
Chief Product Officer & Co-founder at Appsvio

Jörg Müller August 25, 2022

Hi @Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ 

thanks for your suggestion!

That really comes close to what I'm searching, but I did not found a way to access my already created custom fields from the contact form as they are the basis for my customer identification.

For further information, I may contact your customer portal.

Many thanks anyway!

Regards,

Jörg

Like Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events