Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import and filter from CSV to Insight

Jawanza Barrett May 27, 2021

I am looking to import assets from the old version of Insight to the new version. I have been able to export without a problem for individual objects which are separated by different years. I have also exported users from the Atlassian Admin panel and since then have created a separate Object Schema which houses the users who will need to be matched from the users from the initial exported CSV.

Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 7.13.50 PM.png

Since then, I have made the attempt to match the "Users Assigned" field which is what I used on the last iteration of Insight to match the "Owner" object which is pulling from the Object Schema (as indicated by the objectTypeID (29)).Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 7.37.17 PM.png

Once the assets are imported, they are all appended with one user from the users and not entirely sure why that would happen.Screen Shot 2021-05-27 at 7.44.05 PM.png

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Björn Gullander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2021

Hi, 

The IQL placeholders for importing is not easy to understand. I'll try to explain it to you :)

For each imported row, the IQL should give as result the connected object in the referenced object type - in your case Employees. Depending on how the user data looks in your file you need to make the IQL condition on a matching attribute in your Employee object type. 

Example: If your input data for the "User Assigned" column is a user id and there is a User attribute in the Employee object type called "Jira User",  then the IQL mapping should look like this: 

"Jira User" IN (${User Assigned})

Thus the placeholder ${User Assigned} will be replaced for each row by the value in that column. Then the IQL filter will be run in the Employee object type looking for matching Employee(s) 

If there had been multiple values in the imported data in this column, you would need to write "Jira User" IN (${User Assigned${0}}) to match a list of items in the file. The items need then to be separated by ||, for example xxx||yyy||zzz

Hope this helps

Björn

Jawanza Barrett May 28, 2021

Hello Björn,

This was very helpful! I needed to make some slight variations to what data was being pulled from the CSV and also choosing the right object that was being sourced, but this got me on the correct track. Really appreciate the assist with this one!

Many thanks,

Jawanza

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events